Free Webinar Replay: The Secret Lives of Women with ADHD: What No One Ever Told (or Asked) You About Your ADHD
Terry Matlen, ACSW, the biggest challenges facing women with ADHD in everyday life.
Science shows that ADHD is gender neutral. Yet boys are still diagnosed three to four times more often than are girls, who are more likely to exhibit the distracted, quiet, easy-to-dismiss symptoms of Inattentive ADHD. Undiagnosed girls grow up to suffer from low self-esteem, anxiety, and even depression; they believe their ADHD symptoms are personal faults until they get a diagnosis… and then they just feel overwhelmed. Here, ADHD expert Terry Matlen conquers some of the biggest challenges facing women with ADHD in everyday life.
Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of The Secret Lives of Women with ADHD: What No One Ever Told (or Asked) You About Your ADHD, plus get more information from ADDitude.
Replay This Free Webinar
In this webinar presentation, Terry Matlen, ACSW, discusses:
1. Understanding the inner experience of living as a woman with ADHD and how to let go of societal expectations, shame and embarrassment
2. Devising and sticking to an Individualized Living Plan to accommodate your ADHD challenges
3. Learning to balance home, work, and relationships without feeling guilty about any perceived shortcomings
4. Planning family meals, keeping the kids clothed, and maintaining organizing strategies that work
5. Remembering the important stuff and forgetting the shame and hurtful comments that can hold you back
Meet the expert:
Terry Matlen, MSW, ACSW, is a psychotherapist, writer, coach and consultant specializing in adults with ADHD with a special interest in helping women with ADHD. She is director of www.addconsults.com, www.QueensofDistraction.com and the author of two books: The Queen of Distraction and Survival Tips for Women with AD/HDs. Terry Matlen is a regular columnist in ADDitude magazine and contributor to ADDitudeMag.com.
Webinar replays include
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- A list of expert-recommended YouTube videos for social learning
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about parenting kids with ADHD
INSTANT ACCESS! Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of The Secret Lives of Women with ADHD: What No One Ever Told (or Asked) You About Your ADHD, plus get more information from ADDitude.