Free Webinar Replay: 5 Ways to Be a Better Dad: Parenting Strategies for Men with ADHD
Terry M. Dickson, M.D., ACG, CPCC, shares special parenting strategies for men with ADHD to avoid angry outbursts, repair self-esteem, and move beyond setbacks.
Here’s a staggering statistic: Roughly 4.5 million American fathers have been diagnosed with ADHD, and many more are living with undiagnosed symptoms like distractibility, disorganization, and poor anger management that make parenting more difficult. Add to that a general lack of support for Dads and a genetic link that makes ADHD run in the family, and you’ve got a generation of fathers who need special strategies — now.Terry M. Dickson, M.D., ACG, CPCC has them.
Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of 5 Ways to Be a Better Dad: Parenting Strategies for Men with ADHD, plus get more information from ADDitude.
Replay This Free Webinar
In this webinar presentation, Terry M. Dickson, M.D., ACG, CPCC, discusses:
1. Why men with ADHD are prone to angry outbursts, and how they can keep from unleashing that rage on loved ones
2. How feelings of guilt, shame, and worthlessness build up under the surface, and how to improve poor self-esteem before it harms your family life
3. Strategies for accepting the traits, gifts, and idiosyncrasies that make your children unique and give them unconditional love
4. How to stop, look, and actively listen when you are spending time with your child
5. How think before you promise, and follow through on commitments to your child
Meet the expert:
Terry M. Dickson, M.D., ACG, CPCC, is the founder and director of The Behavioral Medicine Clinic of NW Michigan that has served and supported children, adolescents and adults with ADHD for the past fifteen years.
Dr. Dickson has been a principal study investigator for several clinical ADHD medication trials and has published many articles on ADHD and related topics. His heartfelt passion for folks with ADHD led him to coaching, as he feels it fills a need that medication can't fill. Dr. Dickson speaks regularly on ADHD and has been interviewed locally and nationally on the web (ADDA Webinars), radio, and TV (CNN News), Attention Talk Radio, as well as CHADD's Ask an Expert online. He most recently appeared on an NBC Nightly News Special on Adult ADHD. You can reach Dr. Dickson at youradhdfamily.com.
Webinar replays include
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about parenting kids with ADHD
INSTANT ACCESS! Play the webinar and download the slide presentation of 5 Ways to Be a Better Dad: Parenting Strategies for Men with ADHD, plus get more information from ADDitude.