Free Webinar Replay: Understanding Sensory Processing Disorder
Learn about the signs of sensory processing disorder in adults—and ways to manage it.
Driven mad by loud chewing? Tortured by itchy tags? Petrified of perfume counters? You may have sensory processing disorder—a neurological condition that doesn't allow for normal processing of stimuli. Learn how to identify the triggers and limit their effects.
In this audio and slide presentation, Sharon Heller, Ph.D. discusses:
- What is sensory processing disorder (SPD) and how to identify the signs
- How to distinguish between SPD and ADHD, and what to do when the conditions coexist
- Treatment options for SPD, including sensorimotor-based intervention
Meet the expert:
Sharon Heller, Ph.D., is a developmental psychologist and consultant who specializes in holistic solutions for anxiety, panic, and sensory processing disorder (SPD). She is the author of several popular psychology books, including Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight: What to Do If You Are Sensory Defensive in an Overstimulating World. For more information, please visit her website at www.sharonheller.net.
Webinar replays include:
- Presentation slides
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about treating ADHD and related conditions