ADHD Experts Podcast: Defuse the Defiance—Treating Oppositional Defiant Disorder
William Dodson, M.D., shares expert advice on oppositional defiant disorder—what it is, medications that help, and how families can manage it.
Dr. Dodson is a board-certified adult psychiatrist who has specialized in adults with ADHD for the last 23 years. He has written on how the basic research on ADHD can be applied to everyday clinical practice.
Dr. Dodson is currently in private practice in Denver, Colorado. He is a Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and was the 2006 recipient of the Maxwell J. Schleifer Distinguished National Service Award for his work with people with disabilities. His upcoming book is titled, What You Wished Your Doctor Knew About ADHD.
In his podcast, Dr. Dodson addresses the following topics:
- The medications that can help manage ODD symptoms
- The best behavioral programs for younger kids and teens
- Why you should not wait to treat ODD—sooner is always better
Plus, receive access to the slides accompanying Dr. Dodson's podcast and take the ODD quiz.
Read what people are saying about Dr. Dodson's podcast:
Listen to the free recording of Dr. Dodson's podcast and download the free podcast slides. Plus receive our free newsletter about treating ADHD and comorbid conditions.
- "Dr. Dodson is a wonderfully skilled presenter. Thank you for making a difficult topic more understandable. This is one of the best podcasts I've attended—and I attend quite a few. Nice job!"
- "Great questions, host and expert in this podcast. I especially appreciated the references to literature, medication and opinions shared during the hour. Thank you!"
- "Good information from Dr. Dodson. As an educator, this information gave me a better understanding of oppositional defiant disorder."