ADHD Experts Podcast Episode: School Accommodations
Working with Your ADHD Child's School to Get the Support He Needs
Special education lawyer Matt Cohen, J.D., answers parents' questions about getting teachers on your team, best IEP and 504 Plans for ADHD children, steps to take when your child is denied accommodations, and more.
Matt Cohen, J.D., is founder of Matt Cohen and Associates and specializes in special education and mental health law. Matt Cohen, J.D., is a legal commentator for LDOnline and serves on CHADD's Public Policy Committee. Read his blog at disablethelabels.com. Matt Cohen, J.D., is a regular columnist in ADDitude magazine and contributor to ADDitudeMag.com.
In his ADHD Experts Podcast episode, Matt Cohen, J.D., addresses your questions about:
- What the different accommodations are and how to determine if your ADHD child is eligible
- How to prepare for an accommodations meeting
- Steps to take when a school is denying accommodations for your ADHD child
- Strategies for working with your child's teachers
- How to navigate the transition from elementary school to middle school to high school in terms of accommodations
Plus, receive access to the slides accompanying Matt Cohen, J.D.'s podcast episode and links to his top articles.
Listen to the free podcast episode, Securing Accommodations: Working with Your ADHD Child's School, and download the slides.
Plus receive our FREE e-newsletter about ADHD at school