Free Webinar Replay: School Accommodations
Working with your ADHD child's school to get the support he needs.
Special education lawyer Matt Cohen, J.D., answers parents' questions about getting teachers on your team, best IEP and 504 Plans for ADHD children, steps to take when your child is denied accommodations, and more.
In this audio and slide presentation, Matt Cohen discusses:
- What the different accommodations are and how to determine if your ADHD child is eligible
- How to prepare for an accommodations meeting
- Steps to take when a school is denying accommodations for your ADHD child
- Strategies for working with your child's teachers
- How to navigate the transition from elementary school to middle school to high school in terms of accommodations
Meet the expert:
Matt Cohen, J.D., is founder of Matt Cohen and Associates and specializes in special education and mental health law. Matt Cohen, J.D., is a legal commentator for LDOnline and serves on CHADD's Public Policy Committee. Read his blog at disablethelabels.com. Matt Cohen, J.D., is a regular ADDitude contributor.
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the audio
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about managing ADHD at school