Free Webinar Replay: Positive Parenting
Helping young children with ADHD reach their full potential.
Improving behavior in elementary-aged children through consistency, external motivators, and selective negative consequences, from Mary Rooney, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist at the ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Center.
Play the webinar presentation of Positive Parenting, plus get more information from ADDitude.
Replay This Free Webinar
In this audio presentation, Mary Rooney, Ph.D., discusses:
- How parents can work with schools to improve their children's behavior in the classroom
- Specific strategies that address behavior resulting from inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity
- The benefits of developing positive parenting techniques, plus when to use negative consequences
- How to use external motivators to motivate your ADHD kid
- The importance of being consistent with your ADHD child when implementing discipline techniques
Meet the expert:
Mary Rooney, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist at the ADHD and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Rooney specializes in the evaluation and treatment of ADHD and co-occurring behavioral, anxiety, and mood disorders. A strong advocate for those with attention and behavior problems, Dr. Rooney is committed to developing and providing comprehensive, cutting edge treatments tailored to meet the unique needs of each child and adolescent. To this end, Dr. Rooney works closely with parents and teachers to create supportive, structured home and school environments that enable children and adolescents to reach their full potential.
Webinar replays include:
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about parenting ADHD children
What listeners are saying:
"This webinar addressed so many important issues for me. Dr. Rooney was very organized in her presentation and offered good suggestions and strategies for dealing with ADHD-specific behavioral issues. Thank you!"
"It was incredibly useful hearing Dr. Rooney address behavior and discipline challenges related to attention deficit symptoms. Parenting techniques generally aren't geared towards ADHD kids, but the expert described the issues my kid has perfectly."
"Dr. Rooney laid out her parenting suggestions very clearly, which was exceedingly helpful. I also appreciated learning more about what positive parenting is and how I can use this technique with my ADHD son."
INSTANT ACCESS! Play the webinar presentation of Positive Parenting, plus get more information from ADDitude.