Free Webinar Replay: 'Why Does He Do That?'
Understanding and improving your ADHD child's behavior.
How does attention deficit disorder affect your child's behavior and development? Yelling, telling a child to get with the program, giving an occasional pat on the head or squeeze on the shoulder—none of these are very effective with ADHD children. Here’s your chance to learn some techniques that will work. Russell Barkley, Ph.D., explains, and offers insightful tips on providing structure, consequences, and rewards.
In this audio and slide presentation, Russell Barkley, Ph.D., discusses:
- Discipline strategies for when imposing consequences doesn't change behavior
- How to handle an explosive child, even during the worst meltdowns
- Strategies for managing screen time
Meet the expert:
Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D., is one of the world’s leading authorities on ADHD. Dr. Barkley is a clinical professor of psychiatry and pediatrics at the Medical University of South Carolina. He is a clinical scientist, educator, and practitioner who has published 21 books, rating scales, and clinical manuals numbering 28 editions.
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the audio
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about parenting ADHD children